The Inspired Readers Book Club: August

Tuesday, July 28, 2015


Inspired Readers book club has really been my little dose of grown-up joy of the past two months.  We have been busy and going full throttle in the summer months, and knowing that each week I had a chance to read and connect with other grown ups out there via our facebook page gave me such a sense of friendship.  (thank you!)

We are now moving into our second book discussion beginning next Monday, August 3 - so if you're interested in joining the conversation and community, you still have time to purchase your book and dive in with us at our facebook group.


For this hazy summer month of August, we will be reading a family-centered mystery book that is hailing great reviews:  Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.  I picked this book because what is summer reading without a little mystery solving, right?  As in the past, we will post discussion questions to prompt the conversation each Monday, but please feel encouraged to share anything that may speak to you or that you want to lead in the conversation.

As we've said before, book club is for building community and making meaningful connections, so we don't want the pace to be unmanageable for you.  No Stress!  I have found myself over the course of the past few months, getting into a routine that I'll make time to read the chapters early in the morning on Monday and get a feel for the discussion points and then I comment in the group on Tuesday and on Friday if I need to respond again that week.  Giving myself that structure has made it easier to find the time to be an active voice in the group.  It is exciting but also overwhelming to get notifications that discussion is happening in the group page, but setting Tuesday/Friday as my dedicated days to read through and comment have given me the structure I need to give it real time and thought.

Ng's novel appears so far to be a quick read, so we may need to hold back the reigns on our individual pace to spread out the discussion of the course of the month.  (Or feel free to blaze right through the novel and then rediscover it slowly again while discussing the chapters through our weekly chats, hah)

Our reading schedule will be as follows:
Week 1 (August 3):  Chapters 1-3
Week 2 (August 10): Chapters 4-6
Week 3 (August 17): Chapters 7-9
Week 4 (August 24): Chapter 10-12

Let's close out this summer with a great story and more community building through our discussions.  Thanks for joining us and building a community together over good stories and personal perspectives.

xxoxo


**this post includes an affiliate link.  
Thank you for supporting Team Studer.

1 comment:

  1. So I started the book yesterday and I can't put it down! Trying to hold off, but I may be one of those who blazes through it and has to go back!

    ReplyDelete