Does Bullet know something we don't know?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

For the past three days, (Sunday-today), Bullet has been acting noticably different.  On Sunday night, we tried to take him for a short walk but he was barking like a maniac at all the neighbors; like barking like he was going to attack them.  We were so embarassed, we took him in the house and put him in the crate.  Brandon and I went on the walk anyway and thought maybe he was just acting up. 

But then on Monday afternoon, we got him all suited up for his regular afternoon walk and we didn't make it out the door before he started barking at our neighbor, who he has met a million times.  She came over to let him smell her, but he would not let up.  On our walks, he sometimes gives a quick 'ruff' when someone is outside, but he has been out of control.  Brandon and I just walked him around the backyard a few times instead of trying to go for a walk through the neighborhood.

Then today, I was home alone and exhausted and knew there was no way that I was going to be able to keep him under control by myself.  So we went outside to play fetch instead of our normal walk.  I threw the ball only about three times until Bullet refused to play anymore and just sat down next to me.  I even threw the ball again, but he didn't even flinch to try and go get it- he would not leave my side.  Anytime he heard a noise, his ears would perk up and he would give a quick bark in its general direction.

I still have 15 days to go until our due date, but I have been feeling really miserable since Sunday (exhaustion, lower back pain, dizziness, swollen feet, etc).  I really believe that animals can sense people's emotions, but can they sense oncoming labor?  Guess, we'll see :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!