Labor Playlist

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So, with 5 weeks to go, I'm getting everything prepared for our big trip to the hospital!  So exciting and a little scary.  I keep thinking that I am VERY ready to stop being pregnant...but then that means that we're going to have a baby living with us!  It seems so strange that I haven't felt like my normal self for 9 months, and now when we get home from the hospital, our whole lives will be different.  Seems like moms should get a little break in between the being pregnant and bringing the baby home:)  hahha.

I have packed our bags so that our trip out the door will be easier.  The car seat is installed in the Jeep- which has gas in it.  And we've been trying to get all the last minute things on our baby prep list completed.  Just kind of waiting and waddling around at this point. 

As one of our hospital items, we are bringing my ipod and I have been working on two playlists for the day.  Granted, come that time- I might be completely annoyed by everything and need total silence, so who knows if I'll even use it!  (Brandon started laughing when he heard some of the transition songs and he thinks I'm going to scream in his face, "turn this crap off!!!")  hahha...we'll see.  But I love music and dancing and singing/humming.  So, I'm hoping that the music will keep me focused and be a little better for our babe to hear while he makes his grand entrance into the world.  For other moms looking for playlists suggestions online (you know I did!) and for anyone just plain interested, here's where we're at:)

Early/Active Labor (excited, nervous, pain gradually getting worse but not unbearable, needed: upbeat, happy, excited)
All Rebel Rockers- Say Hey (I love you)
Three Dog Night - Joy to the World
Eric Church –Hell on the heart
Uncle Kracker – Smile
Zac Brown Band- Whatever it is
Sheryl Crow – Love is Free
Jack Johnson – Taylor
Sugarland – Come on get higher
Black Eyed Peas – I gotta feeling
Kelly Clarkson - My life would suck without you
Dierks Bentley- Free and Easy
Citizen Cope- Suns gonna Rise
Duffy – Mercy
Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’
Modest Mouse- Float On
Colbie Callait – Tailor Made
U2 – Beautiful Day
Lady Antebellum - American Honey
Martin Sexton – Wild Angels
Plain White T’s – 1, 2, 3, 4
Brad Paisley- The World
Jack Zerby-Before you were Born
Beyonce- Halo
Miranda Lambert - White Liar
Brad Paisley- Ticks
Kanye West - Stronger

Transition & Birth(really hating life, pain & suffering, needed:  calm and focus)
Michael Maxwell- Serenade
Debussy – Ballade
Debussy- Valse Romantique
Debussy – Nocturne
Tchaikovsky – The Sleeping Beauty – Pas d’action
Yiruma- River Flows Through you
Ludovico Einaudi- I giorni
Jim Brickman – Lake Erie Rainfall
Slumdog Soundtrack - Latika’s theme
Enya- How can I keep from singing
Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird
Ingrid Michaelson – Can’t help falling in love with you
Dixie chicks – Lullaby
Ray LaMontagne- Hold you in my arms
Ingrid Michaelson – Keep Breathing
Johnny Cash- In my life
Mandy Moore – Have a little faith in me
Hillary Scott- Never Alone
The Beatles - Let it Be
Reeve Carney – Think of you

This list was compiled with some of my favorite songs, suggestions from other pregnant blogs, and great songs that I now love due to my friends- (Can you find yours':  Tasha, Taryn, Katie, Steph Morem?)  Any suggestions are welcomed for either list!!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!