Follow-through

Monday, January 25, 2010

If you are an avid reader of our blog...or you just know me well; you already understand that I love making goals (and lists) and seeing them through to the end- no matter how big, random, or weird they are.  I inherited this trait from my dad who is the one person that always follow through on his plans and goals.  Case in point; we wrote and published a book that is now available for purchase online.  I know, take a breath- I'm not kidding.  Let's take a few steps back...

If you know my family, you know we are always talking about the weirdest things like they are completely true and not uncomfortable to talk about at all...like Big Foot, gross bodily functions, the world ending, etc.  That's just how we roll.  (hah).  So last year, we all started talking about (mostly joking about) the 2012 theory that is beginning to float around (if you don't know about it - watch the movie 2012, or simply google "2012").  Well- my dad decided that while we were all apart (college, Erie, traveling, etc), he would send us each a writing prompt about 2012 and we would each respond to it.  Of course we thought he was nutty, but he was there clapping and yelling for us at cheerleading tournaments in years gone by- so who were we not to go along with it?  So, a month rolled by- each of us responding to random daily prompts from my dad over email.  After the month was up- our responses were collected, edited/proofread by our favorite newspaper reporter (and family friend) Bruce Siwy...and then sent to a publishing company.  I KNOW, RIGHT?!  And now our book, A Family's Perspective on 2012 is now available online. 

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/A-Familys-Perspective-On-2012/Kevin-J-Adams/e/9781441581006

Even though the topic is waaaay out there, and even though the entire idea of our little country bumpkin family, who literally has no background in a)science b)philosophy c)astrology d)paganism, etc wrote and published a book is completely INSANE...the point my dad was clearly made:  If you set a goal, no matter how ridiculous and outrageous it is, you can accomplish it. 

So, if you are interested in 2012, or you are interested in learning more about the inner workings of my family's brains, feel free to buy our book.  I'm fairly certain I can get all 5 autographs for ya, if you want:)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!